Thursday, October 30, 2008

Welcome.

Tired of reading all those food review panels that talk about the setting of a restaurant? Me too. Tired of reading about how the water didn't have enough ice or the server wasn't friendly? Me too. The fundamental problem with these reviews is the fact that they stray away from talking about the food. Let's not forget, we eat to satisfy our hunger. If you don't enjoy your food because you didn't like the cleanliness of a spot, the location of a spot or anything along those lines, then quite frankly my friend you are off point. Now if you don't like a place because the food was sub par, that is a whole different story.

I want to hear about local food that is fast, reasonably priced and makes you want to come back. Ever watch Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on the Food Network? Well this will be very similar. I also want to know what variations of a menu item make it ten times more delicious. For example, I used to get a spicy chicken burrito from Del Taco sub the rice for beans and get chicken soft taco sauce instead of green sauce. The result was a delicious combination that has yet to stray from my memory. Ben will go to Jamba Juice and get a citrus squeeze, sub out almost everything for something else with the end result being the only item I desire from Jamba. Brockly Beef once ordered an enchilada plate with an egg on top and it was delicious. Brown will order pizza, get the crust extra crispy and it makes the pizza so much better. All these variations transform the experience and make it something personal. That’s exactly what I want to hear about. I want to hear about these tiny hole in the walls that you would pass by on a normal basis, but once you eat there you regret ever passing by them before. Hell I will even talk about my own cooking or a friend’s barbeque because I love to eat good food.

I will post pictures of the food as well because hey, your eyes can increase desire for food. And from time to time I will post some music to entertain you while you are waiting for your food.

So here we go!

No comments: